Spitfire Mk.Vb - AB910
AB910 - Service History
Built by Supermarine at the Castle Bromwich factory, Birmingham. Construction No. CBAF1061.
222 Squadron, a WWII fighter Unit, RAF North Weald.
130 Squadron, flew 12 missions, damaged in combat,
133 Squadron, flew 29 missions, including four aerial battles in the Dieppe Raid, RAF Biggin Hill.
242 Squadron, flew defensive coastal patrols, Turnhouse, Scotland.
416 Squadron (RCAF), RAF Tangmere.
402 Squadron (RCAF), flew cover patrols over the Normandy beachheads on D-Day, RAF Digby.
No. 53 Operational Training Unit, RAF Hibaldstow.
527 Squadron, Radar Calibration Unit, RAF Digby.
1946 – 1955
Privately owned and flown as an air racer by Group Captain Allan Wheeler under registration G-AISU.
1955 – 1965
Owned and displayed by Vickers-Armstrong Ltd.
1965 - Present Day
Owned and operated by the RAF’s Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.